Friday, August 29, 2008

WHAT IS IN THE WASH!!!!

Oh man you think by now I would know to always ALWAYS check Rhett's pockets.

I actually checked all of the pockets on everything before I went in the laundry room and did two loads, then noticed one of Rhett's pants on the floor and decided to throw them in the third batch. To my surprise I found a "package" of gum all over my towels and washer machine. I spent time removing the gum from the items before putting them in the dryer so I wouldn't have a big mess. Unfortunately I didn't get it all and ended up scraping it off of my Dryer walls. Not exactly what I wanted to be doing at 1:30am when I should be sleeping.

Lets see... over the years I have washed more than my share of items in Rhett's clothes such as: nails, screws, pens, papers,& gum. The two most damaging where a blue pen in one of the pockets on Rhett's church shirt. Needless to say my whites where bright blue...that one took a long time to fix. The other was unfixable. I was doing laundry and Rhett came in took off his pants in the laundry room and went to the shower. I of course picked them up and through them in the washer and went on with my day not realizing that his cell phone was still in them. Ya it was completely broken. So you would think by now I would remember to check since Rhett doesn't.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jan... wow thats nothin! HA! Ryan thinks i am capable of SHRINKING everything i touch... garments, shirts, shorts, pants... etc... not only that but when i bought brand new red towles i never thought to wash them alone at first... yep the whole blasted load of towles came out Pink! haha i am sorry you had to scraper the dryer.. that stinks =)

shaunandnina said...

Rhett is lucky he wasn't scraping the dryer. I think I'm gonna have nightmares now! J/k! I've had my share of dryer troubles but can't complain about Shaun. He even turns his clothes right side out to make it easier to fold for me. I got REALLY lucky.

The Funky Bunch said...

Oh man. I think all wives forget. The men are big boys and should be able to check their own pockets, right?? I usually find golf tees and score cards in his pockets. Sometimes money (finders keepers, losers weepers). It's my kids that actually leave the most stuff in their pockets. Candy wrappers, candy, lipgloss, chapstick, rocks, sand, jewelry, etc. You name it, I've found it! Glad I'm not the only one in this boat!

Nate and KayLyn said...

I must admit I think Nate remembers to empty pockets better than I do. I just try not to use my pockets because I'm sure I'll forget!

Brand797 said...

I love laundry!!

Lori said...

Havent we all scraped gum of the dryer not very fun. At least you can wash the whole familys cloths togther Dean has his own special basket just so I can avoid disasters like this.

Chris,Kami , kids said...

Hey janice,
I found your blog looking thru Brandee's. Your kids are so cute! Your little girl looks so much like you!

Mom Alder said...

I had no idea you had had so many laundry nightmares! Now you know why I had about 8 hampers to sort every color! Laundry was a never ending pile clear to the ceiling! Love, Mom