Monday, June 1, 2009

Baby Lindsay Is FINALLY Here!!!

After waiting for our baby to come for what seemed like an eternity she is finally here. We are so excited to have her join our family. Ruston keeps saying "now we have a family of five, right Mom, there are five in our family now." Five is his favorite number. In fact he wanted to skip four all together and just be five. Anyway now to the delivery story.

So my doctor stripped my membranes three different times in hopes that this baby would come sooner, but we had no luck and scheduled an induction date for her due date May 27th. We checked in to the hospital at 11:00am. The nurse didn't think the baby was head down so she did an ultra sound, and the baby's head was still not down in the pelvis. She said I had an extreme amount of water which is probably why the baby hadn't dropped. My doctor came in at 2:00pm and tried twice to break my water. He couldn't do it even with his long stick. It was really painful so at that point I decided to get the epidural. The anesthesiologist had to do it twice (LUCKY me). After the epidural was in life became easier I laid around for four more hours. Then a little after six my doctor came back to break my water again. He was able to break it this time and he called me Lake Powell because there was so much water that it was running over the bed on both sides. After all the water was out things turned into an ER show. The cord slipped down under the baby's head the doctor tried for a few minutes to push it back up but then decided that I needed an emergency C-section. So the drama began with nurses ripping the cords out of the wall, undoing my IVs, running my bed into every door and wall possible until we reached the operating room. It was crazy, and I went into shock my body would not stop shaking. When we got to the operating room they were working quickly to remove the baby and sanitize everything. They knocked me out using my epidural IV, I am so glad I didn't have to stay awake during the procedure. There is nothing like watching your hands and legs shake uncontrollably. Two hours later I woke up hurting, itching, and shaking.

Lindsay was born at 6:48pm. (about 10 to 15 mins after the doctor said C-section) It was so quick Rhett didn't get dressed in time to see the baby come out. Lindsay was in shock from being removed so quick she had some fluid in her lungs and needed an IV, so I didn't get to hold her until around 11:00pm after they cleaned me up and moved me to my hospital room. She looked so beautiful when they handed her to me. No birth marks or cone head I guess there are some benefits to a C-section. She was only 7lbs 7oz and 19 inches long. We were expecting a much larger baby, I guess all the water made me measure bigger.

The doctor wanted me to stay in the hospital four days, so I was able to come home Sunday afternoon. We are so thankful to have a healthy beautiful baby girl.



Thanks for watching the kids Crystal
Rachel
Ruth & Nate
Big brother Ruston
Annie & Lindsay
Our sleepy girl
Grandpa & Grandma Alder
A big thanks to everyone who helped with my kids while I was in the hospital!

10 comments:

Carroll Farm said...

YEAH!! i had a similar experience. after 24+ hours, the dr said c-section and 10 min. later I was holding Jasmine.

Congrats - she is beautiful!

The Baker Family said...

YEAH!!! I'm so happy for you!! She is adorable and I'm glad everything turned out ok. Congratulations and good luck with 3. Let me know if I can help at all.

Chris,Kami , kids said...

Congratulations!! I am so glad that you and the baby are healthy... she is beautiful!

Nate and KayLyn said...

You are amazing Janice!! We can't wait to meet Lindsay-she is so beautiful.

Kelli said...

I can't even imagine how scary that must have been! I'm glad that you are both healthy and home! CONGRATULATIONS!!

Mindy said...

I'm glad she's here. Soo cute. Your kids looked thrilled! Sorry you had to join the C/S club:(

Nick and Ashley said...

wow! That would be so scary. I hope the recooperation isn't too terrible. Even then, it's so worth it right? She's adorable!

Cathie said...

Oh man - that is not the birthing story that I like to hear! Bless your heart! Lindsay is absolutely GORGEOUS! Congratulations! Good luck with recovery!

Mindi said...

All's well that ends well, right? I'm so glad your baby is finally here. She is a cutie! Good luck!

Allison said...

Congrats!! Sorry about the crazy delivery. Sound like she is already a handful!! (I had to be put to sleep with one of my deliveries and I loved it. Go to sleep, wake up to a baby. Others diagree but I do not like having my c sections. It freaks me out.) But I am glad that everything turned out fine in the end. But what an ordeal for you. She is beautiful.