Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Seizures?

I was really scared and concerned today as Ruston had a seizure first thing the smorning. It made Katie nervous enough that she called 911. After the seizure was over I put some water on his face to try and help him become more coherent. We decided while 911 was still on the phone that we probably didn't need them after all, but a nice police officer still came to check on Ruston. Ruston was still extremely white and the police officer strongly suggested that I take him to the doctors to find out what had caused the seizure. So I made an appointment with Rhett's Uncle Phil and he scheduled some lab work and an EEG for next week. Ruston was crying so hard when they were taking his blood that I started crying with him. Poor little guy! His blood work came back normal so now we just need to wait and see if they can tell anything from the EEG. I am really hoping and praying that this was a one time thing and will not be something that we have to face through out his life.

For anyone like me who doesn't know what an EEG test is I looked it up on Web MD and it sounds like a fairly simple test. The biggest problem is going to be getting Ruston to hold still for a long time while they check his brain waves.

9 comments:

Carroll Farm said...

Good luck, that is why Makayla was in the hospital for a week. They still aren't sure what caused them. I hope that you can figure it out...

shaunandnina said...

Poor Ruston! Good luck with everything- I hope it is nothing serious.

Mindy said...

I hope that everything turns out okay for Ruston B.

Jill Freestone said...

I'm sorry - that's scary and especially no fun for him. At least you have a great DR. hope its just a one time thing.

Kelli said...

Oh Janice, I'm so sorry! I hope everything goes well for you. You'll be in our prayers.

Jessica said...

I am so sorry!! Poor little guy! Kanyon has had a few EEG's not bad AT ALL! But you do have to lay still.. Good luck! We will keep him in our prayers!

Matt said...

J, that is rough. The constant worry for our kid's health and well being. Glad to hear he is fine. Same thing happened to my b-in-law a few months ago. He had never experienced a seizure and one night he had one, he's 22 though. Everything turned out fine. We still need to hang out.

Lori said...

Holy Cow Jannie, I didn't know Ruston had a seizure when did this happen? I sure hope everything is ok. I bet you were so scared. I probably would have freaked out. Let us know how things turn out. We will be praying for the best.

Brand797 said...

I'm sorry to hear that. I hope everything is okay. Please let me know if there is anything I can do for you. We are thinking and praying for ya. Luv ya!