Saturday, November 29, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving

I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving. We went to my brother Adam's house and had a great time. Rick hit my pinkie finger with the air hockey puck and I didn't think I would recover, but today it seems to be fine. We missed KayLyn and hope that she had a nice day.
I am grateful for a lot of things but messes aren't really one of them. Annie has been testing out her independence lately and I have had a lot to clean up. On Thanksgiving morning I ran down stairs to get a can of green beans and when I came back she had dumped out the entire box of cereal trying to get more.
Tonight she decided that her pancakes needed milk on them and dumped milk all over her plate the table and floor. I was five feet away finishing a skirt for her Christmas but could not get there in time.
Ruston loved the skirt and want to be a ballerina. Actually it was really cute he said "Mom now Annie can be Cinderella and I can be the prince."
Ruston decided to cut his own hair, so I had to buzz the rest off. He is very proud to look like uncle Rick. He got a lot of attention from everyone about his hair cut so I am hoping he doesn't do it again. I am so thankful for my awesome family and friends. I love being a mom even with the challenges. I have been so blessed.

6 comments:

Brand797 said...

Happy Thanksgiving! It looks like you had a great time! I'm glad your finger is doing better!

shaunandnina said...

Happy Thanksgiving! Oh, I feel for you! Those messes from kids can really be doozies! At least she wants to be independent - that's a good thing.

Mindy said...

Oh Annie. Oh Ruston. Hahahhahaha.

Jessica said...

I was planning on making Annie a TuTu for Christmas.. She might still be getting one. Sorry! Stop making cute things so I can give them to you! ;) Ivy and Annie have the same brain. They are going to be best friends. Ask Bob and Katie what a little stinker Ivy is. Glad to know I am not the only one.. Hope your Thanksgiving was great! :)

Nate and KayLyn said...

Wow, those kids are keeping you busy! The skirt turned out very cute! I'm glad to hear you missed us at Thanksgiving. We missed you too.

Cathie said...

Oh boy! Annie did look proud of her cereal pouring skills! Cute skirt! I am very impressed!