Friday, August 21, 2009

Lake Powell

We had a fantastic time in Lake Powell!!! It is our favorite place to go, Ruston has been asking me every day for a whole year when we could go to Lake Powell again. We really made the most of it wake boarding, tubing with the kids, and hanging out on the beach.We hiked up to Rainbow Bridge. If you can't tell this is Ruston's Pirate face. Ruston and I had a priceless discussion one night about Peter Pan and how he loves Lake Powell too. The next day we were cruising around and he spotted a big house boat with a Pirate Flag boy was he excited about that.

I was a little nervous to take our ten week old baby to sit in the HOT SUN with the SAND and wind but she did awesome. She was happy almost the whole time and slept way better in the tent and boat then I ever imagined. It was truly a vacation! And boy did I need it! Rhett was wonderful to help me out with the older children and we all loved spending quality time with him. The kids were really sad when we got home and he had to go back to work/hunting. I am so blessed to have such a wonderful family.

3 comments:

Mackenzie said...

I love how you do the scrapbook picture layouts... How do you do it???

Mindy said...

Great pics, looks so FUN!!!

The Baker Family said...

How fun! Every year Kade asks to go to Lake Powell for his birthday. The kids love it, I don't know what it is...